My friend Brittany from Kingdom of Sequins nominated me for this challenge and I am more than happy to complete it. Even though Thanksgiving was last week, we all need to keep our thankful attitudes throughout the year.
- Share this image in your blog post
- Write about 5 people in your life that you are thankful for
- Write about 5 things in 2015 you are thankful for
- Spread the love and challenge 5 other bloggers to take part
- My parents. I know they are two people, but for the sake of numbers, I’m counting them as one unit. I’ve dedicated posts to them here and here and my feelings are still the same. I don’t know what I’d do without them. I hit the jackpot in the parent area.
- My sisters. They get on my nerves, drive me crazy, and I want to rip their heads off sometimes, but I am fortunate to have grown up with siblings. They are always first to offer advice or a sarcastic comment. We love to make fun of each other and have a good time. It’s comforting to know I have 2 people who will always be on and by my side.
- High School Friends. It’s common to lose touch with your high school friends once you all take different paths and go to different colleges. Fortunately, my group has made the effort to get together and stay in touch. We went separate ways after high school (class of 09), but have managed to stay close and in contact with each other. We get together every Christmas and communicate all the time via group text. This year alone we’ve celebrated an engagement, arrival of baby, and just recently an acceptance into nursing school. We don’t see each other as often as we’d like, but we always have a good time when we’re together.
- My dogs. I know I talk about them ALL THE TIME, but I really am so thankful for them. They bring so much joy, happiness, and love to my family. It was so hard losing Rudy earlier this year, but I wouldn’t trade the time we had together for anything. I hate leaving Windsor each morning, but nothing makes me happier than him running to greet me when I get home. Our time spent playing fetch and snuggling are the highlights of my day. Sometimes I look at him, think about how much I love him, and wonder how my heart doesn’t explode. I call and check on my big babies at least twice a day. We found both of them and they are the best, sweetest dogs ever.
- My person. You know like on Grey’s Anatomy. My person and I are even awfully similar to Meredith and Christina. She is my ultimate confidant, my secret keeper, and definitely the one I would call “to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor.” I know I can tell her anything and she won’t judge me no matter how ridiculous I sound. I know for a fact that she will always be there. Always.
- My tattoo and the strength and courage to share the story and meaning behind it.
- Babysitting. Two years ago, I couldn’t even stand children, but that has definitely changed. There are a few kids that I babysit fairly regularly and they all have a special place in my heart. I love all of them and they keep a smile on my face (most of the time!).
- Gchat. My best friends don’t live in the same town as me but thanks to Gchat, it feels like they are always near. I talk to 2 of my best friends all day every day so even though there are miles separating us, it doesn’t feel like it.
- Acceptance. Acceptance is a difficult concept for me, especially since my life has not gone as I planned it. I’m not where I want to be in my career, I’m still financially dependent on my parents (2 years post-graduation), and I still don’t know exactly what it is I want to do with my life. For a very Type A, needs to know person, this quite difficult. I’ve finally accepted that it is what is. Hating and beating myself up about it all day every day isn’t going to fix it. All I can do is continue to work hard and pray for direction and guidance.
- God’s grace. Most days by 10 am, I’ve used up my daily grace allotment, but thankfully God never runs out of it. I’m in need all the time so I’m extremely thankful for his never ending supply.
5 Bloggers I Tag
- Elle from Elle Sees
- Stephanie from A Style of Her Own
- Amanda from Amanda Bella
- Holly from Make Today A HollyDay
- Angela from Head to Toe Chic
Last but not least, I’m thankful for this blog. It’s a fun hobby and creative outlet. I’ve also met some amazing people and made so many friends in the last year. Even though I haven’t met some of these people, I consider them friends because I feel like I know them. Blogging is a really great community and I’m grateful to be a part of it.
I’m also thankful for lipstick, Louboutins, nail polish, makeup, and of course–Friday Night Lights.