Friday Five

Friday 5: Things I No Longer Care About

August 18, 2017

image via

This post inspired my friend Lindsay over at Bourbon & Lipstick. Go check her out and thank me later.

1. Labels
–I’m a fashion love and I appreciate the art and process behind clothing. However, my main rule with clothing is if it fits, I can afford it, and I like it, I buy it. The average Joe doesn’t know Tory Burch from Target. I am an equal opportunity shopper. I definitely believe in investing in quality, classic pieces but for the day-to-day, I could care less. I still want a Birkin and that will never change.

2. TV Shows
–I used to take my TV schedule very seriously, but there isn’t a show on TV that I actually keep up with. I’m either watching YouTube or Friends reruns. However, I am SUPER pumped about Will & Grace coming back to NBC this fall.

3. Pressure to live a healthy lifestyle.
–I don’t workout and if I eat healthy, it’s by accident, not because I planned it. I’m just trying to enjoy my life and get to Heaven. I’m not trying to become the healthiest person so I can live to be 100. You eat your salad, I’ll eat my cake, and the world will keep turning. You do you and I’ll do me, judgment free. (If you workout and eat healthy, I commend you. I know it’s not easy and I know I need to, but I’m too lazy #honest)

4. Traveling.
–I feel like I’m the only blogger/twenty-something who doesn’t love to travel. I loved my time abroad and there are places I want to go, but I’m content and happy at home with my dog.

5. Staying quiet.
–If you don’t stand up for yourself, no one else will. You might get a “no” or other words you don’t want to hear, but you will have the satisfaction of knowing you tried.

Please tell me something you no longer care about in comments. I’d love to hear!

I’m in the mountains for my sister’s bachelorette weekend. I hope y’all enjoy your weekend!

You Might Also Like

• Lindsay August 18, 2017 at 11:51 am

First off, so happy to inspire a post like this! These are my favorites to read. And second, i agree with everything you said! I buy most of my clothes from Target and Old Navy. I watch a lot of Friends, and I hate to travel. I like seeing new places but hate flying and being in the car. I’d rather be home. And as for working out/eating healthy. I also hate both. I feel better when I do, but it’s a process. Sigh.

• loubsandlips August 21, 2017 at 2:41 am

I love reading them too. I always get a good laugh!

• Lily August 21, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Yes to all of this!! I don’t care about labels anymore — I used to be such a priss about it, but why?!
    And I wish I could live a healthy lifestyle, but I just can’t, I love cake and mashed potatoes too much.
    & I’m totally with you about traveling, I feel like it’s such a “thing” right now…but it’s just not my thing.

• loubsandlips August 22, 2017 at 12:33 am

I was the same way when I was younger. I just think of all the money I wasted. I just can’t live without french fries and chocolate. I’m so glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t love to jet set. It’s expensive and exhausting. I’m just happy at home!

• Amanda Bellantoni August 22, 2017 at 1:16 pm

This was a great read. I’m TOTALLY with you on labels, I cannot bring myself to spend a fortune on pieces that can be found cheaper elsewhere. And oh my gosh, I used to be so into my TV shows, but I don’t keep up with any of them anymore! I love that you’re doing you and saying the things that you feel! Life should be lived the way each of us want it to be. XO

• loubsandlips August 23, 2017 at 4:14 am

I totally agree. Life is too short to not live how YOU truly want!

• AyRGalaxy August 25, 2017 at 5:34 am

Yes yes!! love this! I dont think I’ve ever cared about labels to begin with. I’m very cheap and when I find a bargain I get it LOL. If it fits and it’s cheap i’m getting it lol
    I have a few set of TV shows that I watch ALL the time: the office, scrubs, HIMYM, and a few others. Honestly the list is too long so I can literally put all of them in rotation.
    As for working out/healthy lifestyle, to me I just feel better and sleep better when I work out and I feel good about myself. I know eating healthy isn’t gonna change how long I live, but I don’t feel pressured to do it either. I do it cause I wanna. And I love that you’re so honest about being lazy!! I’m honestly kinda lazy too but I don’t have a job and this is as good as it gets for me in terms of “doing something for myself in my own free time” when I’m not a mom or a wife lol. But you go girl! I love cheesecake if we’re being honest, and cupcakes.. and tiramisu, yum! LOL

• loubsandlips August 28, 2017 at 1:42 am

I love a good deal too! I take pride in getting something on super sale. I definitely watch lots of reruns of my favorite shows, but the new shows on just aren’t as good. That’s just it–you workout and well because you want to, that’s the key!